Please see below a list of topics.
A more detailed program will be available in due course.
- Spiritually Integrated Psychotherapies
- Integrating Spirituality/Religion in The Treatment Plan
John Peteet (USA): Addressing Existential Suffering, Fourth Wave of Psychotherapy, Promoting Virtues in Psychotherapy
David Rosmarin (USA): Spiritually Integrated CBT
Anahy Fonseca (Brazil): Anomalous Experiences and Analytic Psychology
Sujatha D. Sharma (India): Integrating Principles of Rajyoga in Psychotherapy
Paul Summergrad (USA): Synergistic Role of Meditation in Mental Health
Elaine Dyrsdale (Canada): Integrating Near Death Experiences in Clinical Practice
- Ethical Boundaries of Spirituality/Religion Integration in Clinical Practice
Rael Strous (Israel): Potential Boundary Violations in the Application of Spirituality and Religion in Clinical Psychiatry
John Peteet (USA): Ethical Challenges at the Interface R/S and Psychiatry
- Dealing with Harmful Spirituality/Religion Practices and Beliefs (negative religious coping)
- Distinction Between Spiritual Experiences and Mental Disorders
Rael Strous (Israel): Piety or Pathology and How to Distinguish
Alexander Moreira-Almeida (Brazil): TBA
- Are there Psychiatric Contraindications for Meditation or Yoga Techniques?
Marianna Costa (Brazil): Mindfulness: Uses and Abuses
- WPA Position Statement: Global Implication
Alan Fung (Canada): East Asia
- Psychiatric/Psychological Insights Provided by Spirituality/Religion Sacred Texts
Marianna Costa (Brazil): Spiritism
Chris Cook (UK): Hearing Voices, Demonic and Divine
- Training in Religion/Psychiatry
Alan Fung (Canada) or John Peteet (USA): R/S in Psychiatry Residency: Global Overview
Fabricio Oliveira (Brazil): Core Curriculum Proposal for R/S in Psychiatry Residency
Sujatha D. Sharma (India): Values in Healthcare A Spiritual Approach (VIHASA): A Program for Spiritual Growth in Healthcare Professionals
- State of the Art of the S/R and Mental Health Relationship
Alexander Moreira-Almeida (Brazil): WPA Position Statement and the State of Art Evidence on R/S and Mental Health
Haim Belmaker (Israel): “Godel’s Theorem, Quantum Mechanics and the Role of Scientific Uncertainly in Psychiatric Acceptance of Spirituality”
- S/R, Faith Communities and Mental Health - Where There are No Psychiatrists
- Collaboration Between Mental Health Professionals and Spirituality/Religion Communities
Alan Fung (Canada): Collaboration Between Mental Health Professionals and Faith Communities
Paul Summergrad (USA): APA Faith and Mental Health Partnership
Helen Herrman (Australia): “Psychiatrists and Community Partners Examine Religion and Spirituality”
Avdesh Sharma (India): Training Spiritual/Religions Organizations in Mental Health & Illnesses
- Have Genetics and Neuroimaging Explained Away Spirituality/Religion?
Rael Strous (Israel): The Source of Religion and Spirituality in the Brain: is it just all about the Synapse?
Homero Vallada (Brazil): Does Genetic Explain Spirituality?
María Inés López-Ibor (Spain): Brain and Religion
Alexander Moreira-Almeida (Brazil): Has Neuroscience Explained Away Spiritual Experiences?
- Spirituality/Religion in Preventive Psychiatry
Avdesh Sharma (India): Role of Spiritual Principles in Sub-Clinical Syndromes and Stress Induced Distress in the Community
- Spirituality/Religion and Positive Psychiatry
Alison Gray (UK): Resilience and Flourishing of Psychiatrists
G. Prasad Rao (India): Resilience and Therapeutic Benefits of Spirituality in Old Age
Bruno Mosqueiro (Brazil): Resilience, Depression and Spirituality